Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday Night Ride was a bust, well sort of. Hall Ranch was a bust. 15 min or so up the trail and we ran into some sticky mud. We turned around and opted for a grunt of a climb up Jasper off of Red Gulch. It did the trick. So did Oskar's...

Anyone up for a REAL deathmarch this summer? Read on...

"Hey,Just wanted to let you all know, the 2007 Vapor Trail 125 is a go. Itwill happen September 8-9, and it will be a no-fee ride. It will berun on the same course as the '06 event, and pretty much the same way. We will be limiting the field to 30. The limit has never been an issuebefore, but who knows?A couple of you have semi-officially notified me that you'll be doingit. I have started a list. If you want to be on that list, let me know. If you do count yourself in but then your plans change pleaselet me know about that too.Looking forward to a killer event in September!Tom Purvis, Salida, CO - http://tom-purvis.com/tom.purvis@gmail.com or tpurvis@arkansasvalley.net"

3 comments:

Steve Gabbard said...

I briefly (very briefly) thought about this race a few years ago, and went down to ride some of the sections of the course. I realized that I was way out of my league for even thinking about it, but the route explores some really cool trails that you would not think of doing. If you head down to Salida and want to ride some remote trails that don't get much use, follow some of the VT125 course. Lots and lots of climbing, some route finding, and not many people, at least on the trails that I was on.

On the other hand, the best way to see the whole thing is to do their "ride".

redstone said...

Salida is the goods, definitely. I've ridden some bits down there and have been stoked every time.

debaser said...

Tons of good stuff down that way...

I'm thinking of it for the spring mancation....