Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tuesday Night Ride Shockers

The number was three for this edition of the Tuesday Night Ride. A shocker perhaps cause Dave was not present for the ride and instead at home with the kids. I thought Tuesday nights were sacred? Anyways ChrisL, Rockin Ron, and I were sporting the singlespeeds- 2 inbreds and one monocog. It was a clear night with a good amount of light from the nearly full moon. Wasn’t your typical starlit clear Lyons night due to all the humidity up there.
Our trail was ghetto singletrack this evening. Up 5th avenue heart attack – tough standing climb on the SS leading the charge was ChrisL. Here's Ron charging hard- Moonlit sky played in our favor as we went into super stealth mode at the top and down stone canyon. It was a cold fast descent down stone canyon. I neglected to bring my pearl izumi mountain booties and my toes paid the price. But it was worth it to ride the recently revamped monocog.
Pretty huh? I call her “Black Beauty”. This redline monocog is the best bike I’ve ever owned- great geometry, comfortable (even as rigid I can ride this thing all day), tough 4130 steel and sold me on 29ers for my riding needs. I’ve upgraded it quite a bit over the past year with formula brakes and wheels and now added the duc32 fork so this fast SS is faster now.

Frozen toes and ears led us to Oskar Blues pretty quickly to warm up and get our eat and drink on. My mouth is still watering from the Coconut Crusted Roughy. Dave somehow escaped his duties and showed up after all. While Chad and Jason joined us for drinks. Ron spent the evening trying to recruit members for his new gang- he says they call themselves the “shockers”. Here he is throwing his gang sign- Dave’s expression is priceless and pretty much says it all. I also attempted a new personal best of 4 gutbuckets in one sitting. The new OB winter warmer Smoke on the Water – tasty but smoked me with 7% ABV preventing me from accomplishing the feat. Maybe next time? Chalk another well spent Tuesday night in the books.

4 comments:

Schuman said...

Dude you must hate me. I've been calling you Dave forever. You should have slapped me. Great ride last night. My head hurt this morning for sure.

redstone said...

my brother's name is Doug...

Anonymous said...

Nice Shocker. Google for the large foam versions. Haven't hit 4 Gutbuckets of Gordon yet? Puss.

Unknown said...

I'd say that I'm bummed to miss so many Tuesday rides of late, but I tend to value the circulation in my extremities a little too much. Good write-up, Doug. I had no idea that you had the capability for this sort of eloquence. All that writing that you have to do for compliance documentation must be learnin' you good.