Monday, July 16, 2007

Rhythm?

When you think you have things in order mountain bike racing has a way of reminding you how difficult it can be. Mountain States Cup #4 delivered the message. The SS XC started off with the standard steep-as-hell climb out of the resort. I was feeling a bit out of sorts so I stayed patient & tried to find a rhythm. Yep got it, nope just a teaser...wait here it comes..relax O good gravy I think I'm going to puke. Nope, just stay calm, ok feeling better descend & make time...get a rhythm...still hangin in there... OK here it comes...last climb of the first lap. Wait, how long is this climb?? O now I am going to puke, Yep...OK feeling better. Get up this climb & find the rhythm during the descent. No problem...it's Ok...lap 2 & back to the first climb. OK, here it comes again. Half way up the climb I'm bent over in the weeds again & it's time to realize I have about as much rhythm as a Minnesota hockey player trying to hump a door knob. From there on out it was a whole lot of walking, all I can say is I did finish. It was a long slow ordeal but I made it. I have no idea of my time or placing, much like most of the riders this weekend. MSC had the biggest timing debacle of all time - State Championship style, ouch.

The Super-D was my time for revenge. I had a good start & dove into the first tight corner full blast. WHAM!, that was it. I burped the front tire off the rim & hit the deck. Ahh, the challenge of bike racing. I can't wait to get out & ride, see you out there.

1 comment:

Schuman said...

ohh those are fightin words....