Saturday, July 28, 2007

Camp Johnson (Dick)

Just wanted to give an update on the ride thats planned for Tuesday. Today I took the hounds up to Middle St. Vrain and i think I went down Buchanon Pass. Sweet Baby Jesus was that an awesome ride. It was raining the whole time and in my native language of the great white north, "cripes, I got soooouuukkked". The whole jeep road was a stream of runnoff and the trail down was muddy and wet. I almost forgot to turnaround and check out the views (this was my first time on the trail), Hoooouuuuuly smooooouuuuuukes. I hope to make it out on Tuesday but my work schedule may not allow. It should be in perfect shape if the rains stops.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

Schu

7 comments:

redstone said...

I ride out of Peacefull Valley quite a bit, but this particular ride, I've only done a couple of times. I'm looking forward to it.

What time do you think you can make it up to Camp Dick?

Melis said...

let's get the time dialed, i love that ride & have yet to hit it this year. I can carpool from lyons if anyone is interested.

Schuman said...

I'll never be able to make it so you guys do your deal. I'll catch up with you on a weekend.

I did come down Buchanon Pass. I went to the Wilderness boundary and went over the bridge and rode down trail 910 which is Buchanon Pass Trail. Absolutely amazing.

redstone said...

Bike shop at 5:30 and we'll leave as soon as we can. Try to be pedaling by 6:15 or so. Think we'll have time to cut over to Coney Creek Rd or should we just head up Mid St Vrain? Guess we can see what kind of time we're making tomorrow, eh?

chris L said...

Camp Dick. Is that above Camp Nuts? The riding is hairy out there. Or is the riding hard? Okay, enough of the poor jokes. I'll be there even if it is a sausage fest.

Schuman said...

Thats damn funny. Lets just say I needed more than one eye to keep my bike on the trail and a third hand would be helpful.

debaser said...

I'm betting it took Chris 15 minutes to write that reply, bt I'm laughing anyway.