Sunday, July 22, 2007

new stuff, good livin, and the Tuesday ride

How about the new 2008 Shimano XT stuff? Just got in some front and rear derailleurs. Cranks and the other bits should be arriving shortly (hopefully). That Shadow rear der is really cool. Check the redesigned der hanger knuckle and cable attachment. The new style allegedly will stay within the profile (ie it's not any wider than) the qr nut on the rear wheel. Sweet. Can't wait to ride it.
And on the front, mostly just repositioned high and low stops and a machined collar.
The Friday cookout and ride was fun, too. We'll have more before the summer is gone. Riding and grilling is just too much fun.
I had a fantastic bike ride today. It was super hot when I closed up the bike shop today so I hopped on the singlespeed and pedaled over to Meadow Park. I shed my shirt and jumped in the river to swim in one of the kayak holes. It was absolutely superb. After 20 minutes or so, I got out and hopped on my bike for a 15 minute around town spin to dry out. Permagrin in full effect. Ain't life grand?

*TUESDAY RIDE, 7/24.*

Meet up at the bike shop at 5:30 to caravan. Melis says he hasn't ridden Miller Rock yet this year so that's where we're headed. We'll start from Raymond so you know what that means. Lots of climbing. I'll by a pint for anyone that can clean the climb from Raymond to the intersection at the top. That descent should be fun in deteriorating light conditions, too. Fun!

2 comments:

Melis said...

I'm not going to be able to make it this Tuesday. Have fun for me.

Anonymous said...

Asian garbage