Monday, July 30, 2007

Last Tuesday ride of July

How's about some Peaceful Valley lovin' for Tues? We'll start down at the bottom close to the Peak to Peak so we can maximize our riding time. As Chris has pointed out, the riding at Camp Dick is generally pretty hard and sometimes hairy, but the happy ending is worth the wait. Oh, expect to get rained on, so bring something waterproof or warm or both. There's also lots of water crossings, so you'll get wet and your bike will get dirty either way. Expect to give your bike some love after this one.

Here's the map for Middle St Vrain/Buchannan Pass if you want to check it out. Here's some pics. Here are some more.

I was lucky enough to get out twice this weekend. Since it rained all Thursday night and all Friday night, I figured that the dirt would be about as perfect as it ever gets at Hall Ranch by Saturday early. It was. :) I took the Inbred SS29er up for an early morning beating. There was a time when I wondered what was harder - the rigid fork or the single gear. I think it's the fork. Going up was fine, but I was sure beat when I came thru the rock garden. We need to rally a Tuesday night SS ride at Hall sooner than later. Maybe when it's not so freakin hot.

I made it out for a road ride (ack!) on Sunday with Chris and John. I actually had a damn fine time. It was a most excellent ride, too - down 36, up Left Hand, thru Jamestown, up and over the dirt road to the Peak to Peak then down SH7. The only bad thing is that we had to pedal the entire way down 7 because of the headwind. Shame, really, because that's such a fun descent. I haven't had a road ride that good in a while. It was refreshing.
Anyone want to go camping in Steamboat Aug 10,11,12? I'll make another post about that.

1 comment:

redstone said...

For what it's worth, if we have a stout crew, I'd like to make the push to go up Coney Creek instead of Middle St Vrain, but it'll make for a longer ride.