Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wild Flower Rush MSC#3

A weeekend of great views & fun racing in Crested Butte. A guy (or gal) could certainly get used to a magical place like this. The Cross Country race was tough, 3 laps of 10 miles with 1800ft of climbing each. Dave, thanks for the 19T for the Peace 9er, it was perfect. Props to Dale for going the distance & finishing 5th.
So I get the holeshot in the XC style Super-D & I'm thinking to myself..."if I stay upright how many people can pedal past me?"...the answer = 5. I totally blew the first corner skating somewhere in the marbles & loosing my entire advantage from the 200 yard lemans start. Then with the pack on my rear wheel I lose the front wheel in the next corner dropping to 3rd. The final blow comes on an open fire ROAD descent with a group of 3 flying past me, yep on a fire ROAD. I guess the XC may have hurt the legs just a bit.
I was in quite a state after the race, drooling on myself & trying to cough up both lungs in each hack. It must have been a quality scene since I noticed people taking pictures while I lay in the dirt.
Here's my action...

...jackson

more to come via the Oskar Blues Brews & Bikes Blog
Have a good ride this week, I'll have to miss it in favor of work in Wisco. At least I get to rock the lake with Wolfmother atSummerfest.

2 comments:

Schuman said...

job well done fellas.

Chad, your a dead man.

Melis said...

Action