Wednesday, June 06, 2007

news

Found out some late breaking news today. After just recently moving to Golden from Canada, Spot brand bicycles has been purchased by a local Boulder bicycle shop, or at least funded by that shop under the guise of someone elses name. It was quite a tragic turn of events that lead to the recent sale, sorry to say. I'm sure all the detail will come out in due time. Does this mean that Spot will be a Boulder based business?

In other news closer to home, I talked with parks and rec director Dave Cosgrove about the new bridge construction. We are still on plan to get the super pimp big and wide pedestrian/bike path along the highway. Apparently, it's going to be very sweet from town to Planet Bluegrass, but magically, CDOT ran out of money to continue it further than that. CDOT will, however, grade the path as it's planned, but it will be up to the town of Lyons to lay down some crusher fines. I poked around the bridge by Apple Valley, too. Despite rumors and promises of an underpass for ped/bike access to Apple Valley, I just don't see where there's going to be room for it. I think we lost out on that one. And for those of you that keep track (you know who you are), this one's in before midnight :)

1 comment:

debaser said...

I hope that works out for Spot. Clean classy bikes, I always thought it would be nice to ride one.