Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tuesday Ride 6/26

In a bold move to mix it up and do something different, let's meet up at the Lion Gulch trailhead. I'll shoot for 6pm, but it'll realistically be more like 6:10 before I can make it up there. If anyone wants to carpool, meet up at the shop at 5:45 sharp for a ride. It takes about 20 min or so to get up there. I can hall 3 bikes and 3 people in the truck. Caveat - Lion Gulch is not an easy trail, up or down. I wouldn't exactly classify this as a novice ride. Bring skills, suspension and gears - you will use plenty of all 3.

In other news, our very own Chad Melis scored the SS cross country WIN at the Mountain States Cup race in Crested Butte this weekend. Not only that, but he went out the next day to finish 7th in the Pro Super D! Way to go buddy, keep up the good work. Hopefully, he'll have some pics for us shortly...

That's all for now. It's good to be back after 5 hectic days in Baltimore and DC!

6 comments:

Davetoo said...

Chad Melis bringing the SS noise. Starting to sound like business as usual.

debaser said...

I'm not impressed until he starts racing super d on the ss.

Or maybe I'm impressed now. Damn, that's fast. You guys have fun on Lion's, I'm due for some riding up there asap.

redstone said...

Sorry fellas, but I have to bail. I picked up a nasty cold on the way back from DC and I'm presently feeling like ass. Chris - I still have a bike lined up so don't worry. I'll still meet you guys at the shop. I think I'll go home to ride the couch instead of Lion Gulch.

Tree said...

Does anybody need a ride? It's on my way from work...

Chris

Tree said...

Rode Lion Gulch solo last night. Probably wouldn't do that again! Went over the bars a couple times but overall the ride was good...

redstone said...

Since I was sick, I think the crew stayed local and rode Hall. We can rally and tour de LG next wee, Tree. At least you'll have someone to help carry out the body.