Saturday, February 25, 2006

Tour of California






Hola Amigas,

Myself and a couple of buddies are out here in California checkin out the race and wow what an incredible event these guys are putting on. Thanks to Dave "Thunder" Bergman, we scored some VIP passes as a result from his top time in the Herbalife sprint race. Dave got a time of 26 seconds in a 1/4 mile. The 3rd best out of 1000 contestants. You ride a road bike on a trainer against another guy and Dave put the thunder down. He races for Rocky Mountain Spine and Sport. I could only muster 30 seconds but tomorrow during the Redondo Circuit, I plan on redeeming myself.

Here are some photos from the day. I forgot to mention that thanks to the VIP passes, I managed to sneak out into the front of the podium for some great photos.

One other note, is we spent a little time with Michael Aisner, one of theee promoters of the Coors Classic and the Red Zinger classic. He is staying in our hotel so he shared some cool stories with us.

Cheers and I'll post again after tomorrows Redondo Beach Circuit race.

1 comment:

redstone said...

ROCKIN' Ron! Nice buddy. I especially like the shot with the angel. Thanks for the photos, man. How was the race spectatin'?

Sounds like the TOC is a big hit so far. Can't wait to hear more of your first hand reports and stories when you get back.