Sunday, February 12, 2006

Embracing My Inner Redneck

After a few great rides on the 29'er (rigid and all), I could jut tell the 5.5 was itching for some time in the woods. I headed up to Left Hand for a spin, hopng the snow wasn't too bad. Snow wasn't a problem heading up the singletrack, and I still had first tracks today!




The little snow leftover was good. The ice in Carnage Canyon was something else. Some sections were an ice skating rink with powered snow applied to the top. I was able to ride most of the way, and managed to fall pretty hard once while I was hiking though a particularly steep icy section. There were about 8 trucks headed up the canyon too - here's one guy, all throttle, no finese, making it through (and creating more) ice.


2 comments:

redstone said...

Yep, it's a bummer that Carnage is frozen. That's pretty fun when it's dry. Did you hit that other downhill we found the other day?

debaser said...

Nope, played around for a bit near 5 points and headed down. Was running low on time with the icecapades I went through to get to the top. I still liked it all though.