Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another reason to like riding...

I've been in NYC working for a solid week, Saturday morning I rolled into the 'Stone and after some prodding, headed out to Hall on the coveted Intense 5.5. I was really surprised that after living at sea level for a week I felt pretty good. Maybe it was all that walking I did through Manhattan, maybe it was riding up the easy side of Hall...



Anyway, riding for the first time in ten days was great, I was sitting down at the top of the loop and a dude rolls up on a Super Sasquatch 5 Spot. We started talking, turns out he's from Telluride, in Boulder following his wife's work, and getting out for his first ride. He sat down, pulled out his map, and I gave hm the low-down on the local trails. He went from "There's not much riding in Boulder" to "I can't wait to ride all these trails you're talking about!"

Riding bikes is good.



3 comments:

redstone said...

I think the Sasquatch rolled in later. Thanks if you pointed him this a ways. Super duper tall guy, kinda lanky? Nice fella, gave him an owners manual for his dhx air.

debaser said...

That's the dude, Matt was his name, I think. We had a good little sitdown at the top o' Hall.

Davetoo said...

night ride tomorrow? I have a great lightset...