Saturday, February 18, 2006

every dog...

Wow, what an interesting last couple of days. Starts off by the battery light going off in sedanster. Several hun' later and I'm out the door with new belts, alternator, front tie rods and a few other things. Feels good to have a breath of fresh air back in the car. The new tie rods make a huge difference, too, kind of like you don't know how worn your tires are until you get new tires? right...

Next day (today) I go into the bike shop thinking that I'd be surprised if I even saw just a few folks in the door. Surprise! Seemed like there were a bunch of cyclists out just driving around. We're all junkies enough that it feels good to put some miles beneath our wheels, no matter what the wheels are. No objections here, some days it feels good just to cover some ground. Literally and figuratively, I guess. Anyway, some of the regulars were out today from as far away as Denver. Thanks for coming out and keeping me company, fellas.

It was so damn cold outside today. At least the sun came out. For the first day in the last several, hwy 36 in front of the house wasn't a snowy doubletrack snaking up the hill. The snow finally melted enough that there's only a snow divider between lanes now. Brrr, it hasn't been this cold in a long time. I'm still trying to convice myself to ride tomorrow morning. It will be early and cold. We'll see how ambitious I am when the alarm goes off.

No comments: