Wednesday, October 24, 2007

One down & lots of fitness to go


I made it to interlocken for the 2nd race of the Boulder Cyclocross series. To be honest my first dismount of the year came earlier that day so I was unsure what to expect. One thing was obvious, cyclocross is taking off on the front range. As I tried to jump into the cat 4 race for a pre-ride of the course it was nearly impossible, over 100 racers covered the course end to end. The 3's was a bit smaller & only had 70 finishers, not sure how many starters. They called up every individual, first by points & then by order of registration. Ouch, yep I registered only less than an hour before the race. The course was in great shape, tons of thick, well cut grass & one mud hole into a slippery mud run climb. I rode a pretty consistent race since I wasn't sure what to expect. I can't be sure, but it felt as if i passed 50+ people through the first few laps. The race started to come to me as the laps ticked off & with 2 laps to go I had only a 6 second deficit to the lead group of 4. Not sure why i couldn't close it down but it remained the same the last few laps I rode in for a solo 5th place, pretty happy considering the tough start & lack of preparation. I'm looking forward to the next month of racing. Here are the dates i plan to race, get your cow bells out & catch the fever. I needed that first race to remind me how fun CX is. see you out there.
Thanks for getting the bike dialed Dave, O yeah I may as well buy some more brake pads.10/28/2007 CX Boulder CX Series (BOULDER RES)
11/3/2007 CX Redline Cup (UCI/ACA) DBC
11/4/2007 CX Boulder Cup (UCI/ACA) DBC
11/10/2007 CX Mountaineer Cross (UCI/ACA) Gunnison
11/11/2007 Fort Leiws College SquawkerCross, Durango, CO
11/17/2007 CX Red Rocks Velo Cross Series – Golden
11/24/2007 CX Boulder CX Series – Boulder
11/25/2007 CX Gcross GMSV Littleton
12/2/2007 CX Red Rocks Velo Cross Series RRV Golden
12/9/2007 CX Boulder CX Series Colorado CX Championships BR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the guy in front looks like Gumby....