Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hall'n at Dusk

It's getting to be that time of year. After the bike shop shut down, about all I had daylight left to do was Hall Ranch. Not that I get tired of it or anything. Here's a Hall view you don't see too often. This is from the loop looking back towards town and Indian Lookout Mountain.
And here's the view you always get. Looking west on the trail towards Mt. Meeker and Long's Peak. I don't get tired of this view either.

I was feeling pretty good tonight so I climbed the front side. Middle ring and no dabs, woohoo. After more climbing up to the loop, it looked like I had daylight on my side. The Nelson Loop was in excellent condition. It's braiding in a couple of spots, but otherwise, as single as I've ever seen it. It must be getting and staying cold on top, too. There were a couple of sections on the loop where the soil was still damp and deliciously tacky. One lap clockwise, then one lap counterclockwise and it was time to head back. By the time I made my way back down the frontside, I had the entire park by myself. That's good timing. I revelled in it.
Oh, can't forget the Tuesday ride. Meet at the shop at 6pm. Bright lights with good burn times mandatory. Right now, I'm thinking about going up to Pole Hill Rd. It's all jeep roads (as in no singletrack) but it's fun stuff nonetheless. I could be swayed, too so we'll see what happens when everyone shows. Dress warm, it's bound to be chilly up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I'm really jealous that you have such a great ride right outside your door. What makes me even more jealous (or lame?) is the fact, that I haven't had the time to ride my bike for approx. 2.5 months (apart from the daily commute to work).

All the best from Munich, Germany
Sebastian