Sunday, June 25, 2006

I'm a week late

Here's a bunch of stuff I meant to get up last week. First, here's a shot of Stan's super sweet large Intense Spider. Forgot to get the scale on it, but this thing ended up awesome. The unpainted "works" finish must be seen to be fully appreciated. It's raw, unpainted, and just sanded down to be smooth. Parts were XO/XTR throughout, along with the new 2007 Fox F100rlc fork, and DT Swiss 1540 prebuilt wheels. Oh, and an RP23, too. Yep. I'd ride heck out of that bike.



So then Chris and I headed up to the foothills of Mt Audobon for a little ride. Not long into the ride, I did this:

It was one of those 3 mile per hour endos. I'm sure you know the type. My knee landed smack dab on top of a sharp rock. This pic doesn't do it justice. The cut was deep enough that I could see white. I didn't want to abandon the ride, though, so I cleaned it out, sprayed on a little Nu Skin and was off. It hurt pretty good, but still had a good ride.

Here's Chris rolling thru the rocks on that big ol 29er. Single. I had full squish and gears and he was still dropping me.

Yep, it's pretty up there. This isn't too far from the headwaters of the South St Vrain. It was raging last weekend. We even saw a little bit of snow.


As it turns out, in retrospect, I probably should have gone in for stitches. Oh well. Chicks dig scars, right?

4 comments:

joel.white said...

Damn dude that is some serious carnage! I gotta remember to put my first aid kit in my Camelbak for this very reason.

Davetoo said...

At least you did yours on the trail. See you Tuesday.

redstone said...

It looked worse than it was. Sort of. Lots of blood from a 1" cut. Nothing that ibuprofin and vicadin didn't take care of, though.

Melis said...

looks rough man, looking much better this past weekend.