Saturday, June 10, 2006

Europe, Part Deux

More pictures:

It's no wonder these people eat so many snails. Along the coast of Normandy, there were millions of them in the fields between the coast and the road. Notice the faint singletrack in the background leading east along the coast. I have no idea where it went.



The view from the top of Ventoux. Ventoux meands windy. No kidding.
















Tom Simpson's memorial, along the climb up Mt. Ventoux. A good example of why not to drink and do amphetamines while racing the Tour De France.

Picture of me, sporting the Redstone pride, stuffing my face in a way I knew would make Dave Chase proud. It wasn't a burrito, but the closest European equivalent I suppose: the kebab.

4 comments:

redstone said...

I am proud, indeed.

debaser said...

Holy crap that's a amazing. I didn't know anyone could stuff one's face like Dave

redstone said...

Ah, but you see, this is Dave!

chris L said...

Dave,
Are you wearing tight shorts? Europe has changed you, man. You used to wear baggy shorts and a tie dye shirt. Now it's spandex, "euro burrito", and escargo. Are you listening to Abba yet? You can find your soul if you want. Go to Alp Duez and rent some DH bikes.