Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Crested Butte Weekend


Oh, had a great 3 dayer in CB, got back last night. Lots of riding and camping and good old times. Zana rode all 3 days too, and was outclimbing our new friend Alex. Go Zana!

Instead of bogging down the blog with pictures, I posted pictures over here.

The Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadmans loop was amazing. 6 hours on trail, 4 hours wheelspinning (all from camp!). After a stiff climb on 2 track, it was all money the rest of the day. The Bear dh was sick - my new definition of flow, every turn was exactly where I expected it to be, as tight as I expected it to be. I wasn't feeling "on" I was feeling "IN" the trail. After that, a long climb up deadmans (trail 420) watching fish in the creek. And then the last descent claims to have 20 some switchbacks. I lost count.

An instant classic weekend.

4 comments:

joel.white said...

Wow, looks like an awesome weekend. Too bad the views suck around CB huh? Really spoils the riding I'm sure.

debaser said...

It does spoil the riding. I've either got to stop and gawk or risk life and limb because I'm paying attention to the views and not the trail.

Melis said...

Looks great man, i neeeeeeed to get there.

debaser said...

you have no idea how much you neeeeeeeed to get there.