Monday, June 26, 2006

good day today


Old Denver bud Ted stopped by today. He was on his way to Hall Ranch to meet James from Black Sheep Bikes. He was stoked to have James deliver to him his prototypical 29er Full Suspension bike. They've been working on it for 2 years now. Every so often, James will reweld something in a different place, change bearings, etc. After the ride, Ted stopped back in with James. The bike is dialed now, says Ted. Despite his Clydesdale frame, Ted says it's stout. He's been riding for many moons and knows what's up, so I'll trust him on that. Check it out:



James got out his personal ride, too. It's super cool. Clean, sexy and 29. Very nice:
That green Brooks Swift is the icing on the cake.

Also, take a look at James' custom made Enduro Mustache Bar.


After DaveM stopped in, I took off a hair early to squeak in a little ride whilst I still had daylight in which to do it. I drove up to Peaceful Valley. Time was limited, but I wanted to get in a good ride. I headed west up Middle St Vrain Road to the wilderness boundary. Man, it's been a few years since I've ridden that. What a great jeep road. If you like water, this is the ride for you. Numerous creek crossings and stellar views the whole way up. There were times when it was tediously rocky but I perservered. I only had to dab a few times, mostly due to wet tires meeting slick rocks. At the boundary of the Indian Peaks Wilderness, I turned around and came back downhill on Buchanan Pass. Probably not the wisest choice of a trail for nursing a knee injury. I rode with caution and walked quite a bit of the uber technical upper section. The lower 2/3, though, how fun. Fast, swoopy, and lots of things to launch off. No wonder Melis is addicted to BP.


If you're still reading this far, come out for the Tuesday ride. We'll meet in Jamestown at 6pm. It's a grunt of a jeep road up, but there's sweet singletrack awaiting. Plus, we've now got the loop dialed in. We'll have fun.

1 comment:

debaser said...

Last I saw Ted was at the hike-abike section on the 24 hours course, last lap. We were both hustling to stick it to our 23:45 hour men, but took enough time to say hi.

Hi Ted.