Monday, May 08, 2006

Riding this week

Well, the weather doesn't look too promising for Tuesday, but we'll shoot for it anyway. Even if conditions are iffy, I will still drive to Jamestown and will make the call there:

Tuesday Night Ride. Meet up at 6pm in Jamestown. We'll do a nice loop to the Southwest of Jamestown. There will be some steep, steep jeep roads and a potentially deep, fast, and cold water crossing. Expect fun singletrack, too.

I plan on doing some more riding later in the week, too. Potentially looking at after work Friday, after early shop close on Sat and after close on Sunday. I'll keep y'all posted on those.

In other news, Lyons folks rocked the house at 18 hrs of Fruita. The Oskar Blues team won the overall. Lyons very own Scott Hicar got fastest lap of the event, too. Another local yocal, Scott L, was on the team that got 2nd overall. I'm sure that it's good karma that he is an avid fan of DPA... Anyway, congrats!

Oh, we got the 1st coat of paint on our house and garage this weekend. It looks great. Definitely a good change over barn red. I'm tired, though. On top of all the painting, it was also the annual Lyons pick-up-shit-around-your-yard-and-take-it-to-the-town-dump days. I got a ton of trash and brush moved out, too.

I still had to make it out for a ride after all that was said and done. I had a 1.5 hour window so I saddled up the Paramount for short climbing excursion up Highway 7. It was a fantastic ride. I climbed for an hour, turned around, and it was a 1/2 hour back home. Perfect timing. I made it to the riverside/raymond split. I feel old and slow now, as my recent times on local climbs and rides are nowhere even close to the same neighborhood as they once were. Oh well, life changes and priorities change. I had fun anyway.

4 comments:

debaser said...

Can't make it this week - gotta tell the osmp how much we need new trails. Maybe next week though...

Congrats to the team!

Melis said...

That sounds good to me. Looking at weather.com it looks like it should be done raining before the ride starts. Hopefully it will stop raining & leave us perfect dirt.

Davetoo said...

I'm in. See you guys in Jamestown @ 6..

Melis said...

Damn Dave, that was a sick ride. I had no idea the amount of quality riding in that area - good stuff. I double dog dare you to top that for next week!!!

Thanks!