Tuesday, May 09, 2006

18 Hours of Fruita




So Jason Sheeley and I headed out for the 18 hours of Fruita meeting for the first time. He ran solo as I ran it duo with an old mutual friend's and riding partner (he's my friend too!). It was a blast!! It was a little stressfull that the loop was 7ish miles, would have helped to have been at least like 12ish miles but oh well. It was a very fast course and Jason got in fifteen laps on his first ever solo effort, would have been more but I was told he had lighting issues that kept him down in the dark hours...either way, nice job Jason, you'll rock in Elephant Rock's 24!!
I started the race out for Phil (my teammate) and I. Laps were fast, on my Single Speed laps were still sub 30 minutes if you wanted it bad enough. On my third lap I crashed pretty bad and thought my race was over. Four hours later Phil came in and out I went. My race came back to me as I ended up doing 14 laps and Phil doing 9. It was a fun race and Phil and I came in DFL!! We didn't stage at the pit, nope, we leasurely rode into camp as the other leasurely got dressed and went out. We had a great time but slow results, sorry Dave!! LOL All in all we met many cool people and were able to spread the gospel of the Stone (That's why I went slower...HA!)!! Enjoy the pics and get out there and ride!!

1 comment:

debaser said...

Sounds like a good time!

#2 looks like the classic puking pose to me.