Monday, May 15, 2006

Another Race for the Stone (5/13/06)



So I am so proud, I pushed my girl into tackling her first race this weekend!! She did Battle of the Bear, it was her very first Mountain Bike Race! She got third and was almost as pumped as me!! Go April!! I decided to get into the SS race as well, it was a 28mi hammer fest. Charlie Hays lapped every other SS, even second I believe, though Bloomer got second and Dan Durland got third. He's so fast they should make him wheelie the course on a fixie!! Anyhoo, I took fifth in the SS catagory but was happy as it is not my type of race (too short, WAY too fast!!) and it was a great day, even greater seeing my gf live out part of her dream. Hope everyone had a great weekend as well, judging by the blog pics seems as though everyone did. April and I also got in 12mi in Buffalo Creek ride at Chair Rocks on Sunday, great times!!

1 comment:

redstone said...

Nicely done, Cole. That's not my style of race either. Very roadie. Put the hammer down and don't stop pedaling. Nothing even remotely technical. Last time I was out there we did something heinous like 5 laps or so. I don't miss that one. Thanks for representin'!