Saturday, May 13, 2006


Did anyone else get to either of the Boulder Mountain Parks/Open Space meetings this week? Thanks to those that did. I made it to the Thursday showing. Apparently, it was a little more calm than the Tues version. The overwhelming theme of the evening was equal access and pro multi use. There were several maps up like the one in the pic. All of them had that many yellow notes. 80% of the notes were pro bike. Good stuff. Please read about the areas and the issues here. Then go to this page and submit a comment. Here is some more info from the Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance (BMA), along with some things to note in your comments. Thanks all for your help in this. This could make for not only more mtb access, but some really great riding near town in Boulder. Heck, it could also help lessen the crowds at Hall...

Man, Debaser took me out on a ride tonight near Boulder. The trails were great. Springtime is in full effect. I think I've now got the Maverick DUC 32 where I want it, too - that fork rocks! It was truly evident on some of the rock strewn roughage Debaser was charging down in front of me. Add to that the fact that this fork, coupled with the 6.6, means that I can take that bike thru some really wack lines and have a good time with it. I'm feeling a lot more at one with the Intense 6.6. I think I'm in love... Oh, more love. Stopped at Big City Burrito tonight post ride. There's definitely more love. Next time I'm getting the potatoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing how this turns out. I worked with OSRE and then OSMP for many years (many years ago) and just can't imagine that they will offer more than a token to mountain biking feedback. Times do change (apparently the Visitor Plan opens the door), and I hope my cynicism is misplaced. Go get 'em!

The funny part is that OSRE and then OSMP have had core mountain bikers working as staff since at least the early 1990s (especially those from the Open Space side). Even the oft controversial former OSRE/OSMP director Jim Crain would mountain bike from time to time. I hope Boulder turns the page and finds ways to incorporate mountain biking as a more core supported activity on OSMP trails. I drool when I think what is possible there. In the 1980s I used to ride on many of the trails that are now closed to mtb.

Good luck Front Rangers.

debaser said...

Hey Cowdog,

Thanks for the comment - I decided it's time to spend some of my time trying to convince OSMP that bikes are good.

Honestly, with the work I've put into this is pretty fun. These public meetings are interesting, and I've met a lot of interesting people - mountainbikers and not.

Bryan