Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lyons Fat Tire Fest VI



Memorial Day is coming up! If you're reading this, you are invited. This is the 6th annual Lyons Fat Tire fest. The plan is to ride bikes during the day and party at night. Simple enough. For riding we will be exploring some of the areas best riding - expect the terrain to be steep and technical.

We should get the Friday ride going by 2:30pm. We may leave this up to a vote of who shows, but current thought it North Sheep Mt.

The Saturday ride is an 8:30am meet up at the shop, then caravaning up to Estes to ride the fabled Crosier Mountain. I had my doubts whether or not I would ride this as a loop, but after last weekends 7 hr deathmarch, I'm up for anything.

When we get back on Sat, it's time to party. I'll wrangle us up some Dales. If you want to drink anything else, feel free to bring it. Bring some dead beast to char, too. We'll have the grills fired up.

Sunday will be fly by the seat of our pants/dad day. We may hit something local, but that all depends on how we're fairing after Saturdays ride and Saturday night's party. Come on out!

5 comments:

chris L said...

Dave,
I have been riding with you for about 6 months and you seem to have trouble keeping up. What I want to know is will you be able to find your way out of the woods if you get spit off the back?

The jersey is great. The pockets hold lot's of stuff without sagging below my ass and catching on the seat. The stash pocket is a nice touch. I think I'll buy another one. Does the Dale's Pale Ale sponsership get me a free gut bucket?

debaser said...

I thught the tradition was to tie a catnip rubbed ribeye around the neck of the slowest guy so we didnt have to wonder what happened to him...

With large groups like this, we've rolled pretty slow, waiting at turns, etc. Last time we did this I went uber slow with a guy who got pretty rattled in a wreck. So, as long as you can handle being out there for the better part of the day, you'll be golden. Endurance is way more important than speed.

redstone said...

Twitch,this is a ride more about technical fortitude than legs/lungs, etc. It's a good long downhill with lots of rest stops and only one way to go so you'll be fine.

Chris, remember last time we rode Hall? Crosier will be more like that. Don't worry, I'll draw you a map so you can get down.

Let the smack talking begin...

Anonymous said...

Did Someone actually say that endurance is more important than speed???????????

debaser said...

Hmm... Yep, looks like I said that. Although both are trumped by the nah nah nah naaaaaaah!