Sunday, December 02, 2007

wheels new, old, and blue.

The age of the 29er UST is upon us. Say hello to Mavic's new C29ssmax wheelset.
On the official Redstone scale, the front weighed 830g and the rear a very nice 940g. Completely respectufl for big wheels. They appear to be growing on trees at a bike shop near you ;)
Notice the round spokes? A general shop consensus was reached and we already prefer the round over the bladed spokes of the 26" Crossmax.
I got a real beauty in on a trade, too. I have half a mind to keep it but I know I must let it go. It's a great riding little bike, but 46c is too small for me.
Instead, I've got another project to work on this winter. Anybody seen the new ads for Shimano pimping the 25th Anniversary of XT? Here's generation uno, the one and only Deerhead XT. I'll have updates on it's progress over the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

debaser said...

I need some sort of payment plan for all the stuff I saw that I need!

xjoex said...

must... resist... urge... to ... buy... bridgestone.

Wow that is a sweet ride.

-Joe

Scoty in Salida said...

Sweet bridgestone! I used to SS a 14" Fat Chance Ti around the Arkansas River Valley for 2 years with a IRD TI fork and SE Peterson cantis!

S

redstone said...

The Bstone is definitely sweet. I already have a Zip, and XO1, and an MB4. Plus this one is kind of small. The fork dropout has a cracked weld, though, and it needs to be retacked. Weird bike (here's where the real Bridgestone nerd in me shines thru) - it's a 1992 MB1 frame with 1991 MB2 parts. Hmm...

Scoty, that's sounds like a super sweet ride. I remember lusting after a Fat Ti with it's pimp ti bullet lugs and blue decals. Do you still have the bike? I wouldn't get rid of it!

Scoty in Salida said...

Yeah, the Fat Ti is damn funny.



For you reading the review about the Mavics, they seater the Bontrager Dry X TLR with the AR casing, without tubes perfectly! Yeah finally a non-stans 29" wheel tubeless setup!

The snow, ahem, I mean Pow on Monarch is amazing!