Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cool things

Today was a good day. I love when UPS delivers. First box, a little something from Turner to say thanks for '07. I like mud.
Then, just as I started opening the next bike, a couple of cats from DT Swiss walked in. They new I did a lot with DT, so they stopped by to say hey and to say thanks. I asked for a few stickers for my bench, but they schwagged out some socks instead. Nice ones, too. I was in need for some thicker tall boy socks for winter!
Then back to the package at hand. I hadn't had a chance to play with one of these yet...

Cane Creek partnered with suspensi0n legend Ohlins and they have come up with something very sweet indeed. The Cane Creek Double Barrel. If you are the type that really likes to infinitely fiddle with your eqiupment to get that excruciating perfect feel, this is the shock for you.

It doesn't get much more adjustable than this. Fully seperate adjustable slow speed rebound and compression damping as well as high speed compression and rebound damping. Want to tune out pedal bob? OK. Want it to also feel just right on big drops? No problem. Pretty amazing stuff.
Pretty, too :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff. Ohlins is good. The problem with cars as opposed to bikes is that that piece you're holding in your hand would be about $1000 - $1500 if it were meant to attach to a car. Plus you'd need four of them.