Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Cheer

First, get your last minute things taken care of asap. The bike shop will be closed Friday 12/21 thru Christmas. I'll reopen Wed, 12/26, the day after Christmas.

This year, I've received a lot of schwag and gifts for Christmas. This has to be my favorite:
Homeboy Dave, aka FixieDave, aka WhiskeyDave, aka Slowerthansnot brought this bottle of sweet spirits by. This isn't just any old bottle of whiskey, though. It's some fine, made in Denver, CO, Stranahans Whiskey. Dave said that Stranahan's is the first new American whiskey since prohibition! I'm not a whiskey fan normally, but Stranahan's is making me change my mind. But this particular bottle is extra special. After aging, Stranahan's continued to age it another couple of months in a port wine cask.
It's good. Really good. And it's living at the shop right now if you want to try it. I'll have a sip with you, too - after hours, of course :)


3 comments:

debaser said...

So, when's the ride next week? Wed? Thur?

Tree said...

I think the whiskey bottle should go on the ride again next week...

FixieDave said...

Glad you like the stuff!

Had a blast last tues!

Looking forward to the next ride =)