Monday, February 12, 2007

I was lucky enough to get out on the cross bike for a couple of hours Sunday morning. It was a beautiful morning. Temps were in the upper 30s/low 40s and the skies were relatively clear. I made leisurely figure 8 of dirt and paved roads between Lyons and Boulder. I'd have liked to go for longer, but I only made it as far south as Nelson road. All good, though, the dirt roads were extra tacky. This is one of my favorite corners. In the summer, it can be a little hectic with ball bearing gravel underneath 23c tires with 100lbs. Sunday, though, with tacky dirt and 35c knobs, it was perfect. The rare road corners that you can big ring thru carrying all of your momentum.
Later, it took me 20 minutes to get from home to the bike shop. This is photo #1 in a periodic segment I'll do called "Rally Lyons." The construction has a nice, dirt, chicane right in the middle. It's hard to see, but cars in this picture are just making it thru what is a tight left then right section for them. It was pretty fun to hit it at about 30 with no traffic. I was bummed today to see that it had been straightened out.
Tuesday ride anyone? Unless it's uber crappy, I'll be down at the shop at 6:30.

3 comments:

chris L said...

How about Boulder Valley Ranch ride?

Melis said...

I'll bet you 100 to 1 that it will be miserable...BUT as long as I'm not miserable by myself I'm up to try anything until the sweet sweet aroma of beer overtakes me & I'm forced to take the quickest line to bar.

mmm...beer (I think it's starting already??)

Schuman said...

Too cold. Let me know when you'll be at the pick.