Sunday, November 16, 2008

perimeter report

Man, it's been a while since I've been out in the forest. I think the week of BFR kinda did me in. (2) 7+ hour single rides in one week visiting all of the finest in the forest had me quite sated. Sated enough, in fact, that outside of Tuesday rides, I've been keeping 'er local. Not getting in the car to ride, as it were. Today was different. Out of the shop at 3pm, but not wanting to ride Hall Ranch again and not wanting to deal with crowds on Picture Rock, had me piloting my craft to the outer reaches of the five forty. Today's mission - perimeter patrol of the outer sectors as it might just be the last for the year.

It was good. I saw way more activity than I would've expected for deep forest exploration this time of year. By the way, what's up with all the skidmarks? I thought the backcountry was a place to get away from the Hall Ranch front range antics, no? Keep er under control fellas (and ladies). If you're skidding, you're not in control.
Rant off. At least the sunset was great. The fire in the sky was amazing.
November cloud formations were top notch.


And just like that, pffft! the light was gone. The trail was good. I turned on the light and made my way out alive.

I think I may have rectified my wiring connections issues as well. Anyone up for another round of night riding? Meetup Tues at the shop for Tuesday night ride and Oskar's open bluegrass pic.
Tomorrow is an exploration mission. Stay tuned!

No comments: