Sunday, January 06, 2008

First Road Ride of 08

And I felt it...too much holiday cheer (specifically "spirits") made my ride up the South St. Vrain Canyon feel like running up Longs Peak. But it was good for my other spirit of choice. I made to the Riverside turnoff before the sky starting spitting and I was coooold. I have the fortunate experience to see Gunn Rita Dahle riding up the canyon on her brand new Merida Mountain Bike. If you don't know who she is, she is probably the best female mountain biker that has ever lived. I honestly don't think she has ever finished 2nd. Check out her diary She has a place in Boulder that she frequents on occasion. All in all it felt good to shake out the cobwebs.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2007/diaries/gunn-rita/?id=gunn-rita0720



1 comment:

redstone said...

Way to go there, Rockin. That's what I'm talking about. Riding bikes!