Friday, March 03, 2006

zippin



I stopped and rode some north Boulder dirt today. I had the zip with me, too. Man, I got out on that bike just a little bit ago and I've been addicted. There's something to be said for a nice small quick 90's frame built from Logic Prestige tubing. XCPro, top mounts, and lots of Mavic. Even though this thing is 15 years old, it's one of the sweetest rides in the stable. And I've been addicted. It started a few weeks ago when snow rendered all trails off limits. The roads were gravelly and wet, too, so I snuck with a buddy of mine into the hills. For the last few weeks, we've been taking the hardtails out for 25 mile dirt road rides. Fun stuff. Not exactly a day in the saddle but it's sure more of a workout then spinning on the road (which I've been guilty of a little, too). Anyway, I guess a rigid classic was the next bike to fall. The North Boulder dirt beckoned me tonight. Had to keep 'er legal and all, since it was dark.

Tonight was learn to be smoove night. The Foothills and Boulder Valley Ranch stuff is pretty rocky. It's not technical, but there are a ton of little rocks everywhere. It's enough to give a slight pounding on a cross bike or a rigid bike. The nice thing is that you get a super smooth ride if you can move quick enough and pick a nice line. I was on the perfect machine tonight. I rolled north to Neva road and back. There were a bunch of dog walkers and runners out when I started, but I had the park to myself on the way back. Good stuff. Here's a parting shot of the sandy trail on top of the ridge at BVR. Conditions were great, too. Fast and hardpacked.

2 comments:

debaser said...

Great bike man. I'm glad it's not just a museum piece, it needs see dirt now and again.

Davetoo said...

Night ride tomorrow PM? How is that stuff up in lefthand - on fire?