Sunday, March 19, 2006

29 and single

Wow, I snuck out this morning for my first ever 29er SS ride. Unfortunate that I got out, too, really. I think I'm hooked. It's only a matter of time before one of these suckers finds its way into my garage.

I took Chris's Inbred 29er out today after a full sized breakfast of bacon and eggs. As it turns out, the workout the SS gave me was worthy of a big breakfast! Conditions on the lower section of trail were great. The dirt was a little damp, but otherwise perfect. The further up the garden I rode, though, the softer that trailbed got. I turned around right below the step. I spent the rest of the ride on some of the lesser known illustrious ghetto singletracks strewn about town. SS and 29 good stuff.

I realized on the ride that, in infinite Spinal Tap wisdom, that this bike is 2+9, which goes to eleven. It was that good. Did I mention that the snow was coming down like crazy?

Oh, one last thing. The "October Hole" boat party was tonight! Fun shit, I'm not kidding. Those guys can throw down. Not quite like us 2 wheeled folk, but it's all good. I'll have more to post in a bit but right now, after about 6 pints, I'm ready for bed...

1 comment:

debaser said...

Gearing?

I keep thinking single, havn't quite made the commitment.