Thursday, March 02, 2006

Howdy folks! And anticipation.

Stuck at work. Awaiting the moment when I am able to fly the coop. 0730 never tasted so sweet..... Home for a quick nap, finishing loading the car, dead heading through the Zion curtain as fast as I can without a ticket. All to further the goal of nailing a quicky ride on Slickrock before it gets dark.

Getting to leave for Moab, for a five day mini-vacation before a real vacation back east.
(yeah, visiting the in-laws. all good, because: a) I like them b) they appear to like me and c) it'll involve some time in boston, which will mean involving some damn fine eats while there)

That and new toys to play with. The 05 Boxxer Ride on my big bike (the rubber bullit) works quite nicely, but I like the workings and adjustments of the Pike on my hardtail even more. Once I discovered the 06 Ride Motion Control damping internals would retrofit, I ordered them ASAP. Then the waiting began. Of course, the guts just showed up at my dealers place Wednesday. Managed to do the parts swap with minimal hassle, other than some recalcitrant snap ring pliers. Once that problem was solved, things swapped over slick as pig snot. One all too brief parking lot/curb huck/bounce test later, and it was time to go to work. Things seemed fine, but a real ride report will have to wait until some real saddle time is put in.

Beer. Got to add beer to the morning shopping list. Bribery for the Moabite "guide services" of two days. One day to ride on my own, one more to hit Fruita and Grand Junction on the way home.

Thanks to Dave for putting all of this together, and the invite to join in. And thanks for looking. Some ride report and pics in a few days, perhaps while there; bringing the laptop along.

2 comments:

redstone said...

Beer and bikes in Moab sounds good to me. Watch out with that kind of contraband, though! You know, Utah is a zero tolerance state...

Let me know how the new guts work out on the big bike. Can't wait for the ride report!

Davetoo said...

how about some pictures, Dave?