Sunday, January 22, 2006

Little rides

All told, I spent about 3 and a half hours out and about this weekend from in the hood (Lousiville) on the OnOne. I was surprised at how much snow stuck around all weekend and how little things got mushy. Good days to be bundled up and out on the bike. The rigid fork on the OnOne is a little rough on choppy footprinted snow (I should get to saving up for a Reba all ready), but the footprint with the big wheels does great things for control. Best of all, the white is stealthy in these conditions.

I only say one person today on a bike (besides the wife, yeah!): A dude in his mid-ish twenties, riding a $300 mountain bike in a sweatshirt, jeans, and a huge smile.

2 comments:

redstone said...

The smile is key. Doesn't matter what I'm riding as long as I'm riding.

debaser said...

I should have added that this was Boulder's new section of singletrack for 2005 (out at Marshall Mesa).