Sunday, January 29, 2006

easy like sunday mornin

M got dibs on the early time slot today - she was out and about before the sun could even pry open my eyelids. That let me stay home and eat breakfast with Z. I got to enjoy a Sunday am cartoon with her before sneaking out for my fix of dirt.

I've been spending a lot of time on the fs bikes lately, so I mixed it up a little and hit the trail on the hardtail. It sure felt fast on the road over there!

I love looking across the valley when the sun is emerging like that. It's a good way to let the day begin. I went up the frontside today. I hadn't ridden that side without full squish since who knows how long. I did manage to flounder uncontrollably a few times, but I still made it up clean. It was a great day, too. Not too many folks out and the trail was in prime condition. Just a little bit of snow.

I followed up the morning's ride with a hectic like busy day at the shop and later with little Z's first outing on a bike. She'll get the pedaling thing dialed in shortly. Right now we're working on steering and going where you want. We had a good time weaving all over the parking lot of the high school. It was a little blustery and cool so the ride wasn't exactly an epic. A few laps around the parking lot with Dad pushing were all we could sneak in. Next time, we'll go for more but I think we're off to a good start!

If anyone is reading this far, are there any thoughts for Tuesday's ride? Shall we play pinball down the boulder fields of Left Hand or do we aim to roll stealthily through the smooth singletrack of Boulder Valley Ranch? Thoughts?

3 comments:

joel.white said...

Cant make this Tuesday, but I'd be interested in hitting up LHC again sometime in the near future.

Vogelman! said...

Well, I'll ride wit cha. I'm not really sure what all our options are or what the weather has done to them. But BV is better than nothing.

redstone said...

Schuman, you'll make it out someday!