Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lyons Bike Park Love

I'm generally not a big sessioner. I like to cover ground and get into the middle of nowhere. Despite all of that, I've been having a good time at the Lyons Bike Park lately. It's great to spend a 1/2 hour at the park here and there honing the skillz. Some days I'll make feeble attempts at dirt jumping or I'll spend some time working the pump track.

Today I took the singlespeed to the rock slabs to work on something a little more technical. Rocks. Good stuff. Good stuff with lots of lines.

The rock line down the east side has baby, mama, and papa bear lines. I'm still working on some of the big daddys.
The rocky obstacle in the south of the park is pretty round and mound shaped so you can hit it from any angle. Doing so provides lots of options.
The west side of the pumptrack has a nice climb with some good ledges to roll or drop in varying sizes.

There's even a few lines you can get really creative with.
Big shout to Dave Cosgrove, Glenn Bell, Lee McCormack and countless volunteers for their time and drive in this project. If you want to stay in tune with what's going on at the bike park, check in at the parks Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/lyonsbikepark

No comments: