Monday, July 13, 2009

road ride today

I haven't been spending much, no any, time on my road bike lately. I rode the crosser a few times this winter, but the last time I dilligently hit the roads was last August. Guess I haven't felt the pull of those skinny tires yet. Alas, it is Tour time, though. The Tour always gets me jonesing for a road ride.

So I went for a road ride today. When I got there, I saw that the road was closed.
The road was a long one.
The trees were dense. No bushwacking would be done here.
Despite the wind and grumbling weather, my gamble paid off and I successfully avoided all of the micro cells and squalls.
See the road here? Nope, me neither. Guess I was going the wrong way on this one. Fortunately, not a long hike out.
It's Tour time after all. Get some road riding in.

2 comments:

Kris Thompson said...

How do you find these roads, they look perfect

redstone said...

Lots of exploring. Just pick a jeep road on a map and say, "I'm in!" and go exploring. There's plenty of great jeep road riding around Boulder County. Just give yourself a days time to get lost, get a few maps and go.