Friday, July 11, 2008

The General Lee

Most everyone has seen this now but I thought I would share it on the blog. Dave built me up a 1959 Schwinn Cruiser not long ago. This bike has been sitting along side his garage for quite a while (probably as long as I've known him). His buddy up in Montana had it powder coated orange. About two years ago I was over at Dave's and pulled the bike out and said "you need to sell me this thing". He said, "yeah, I could probably part with that". Then I mentioned how the color was "Duke Boy Orange" and then he thought for a minute, "well, I might hang on to that one". Two years have past and i emailed about 3 or 4 weeks ago and said, "I won't bug you anymore but please sell me that bike." Finally he let go of this classic and ordered me a new fork and bars and put it together for me. Then I got my hands on an xtracycle and with the addition of an "01" plate and "01" sticker for the headtube, it is officially the General Lee. Ready to haul moonshine across county lines. Fightin the law the only way I know how. Oh and I use to haul my kayak down to the river, all legal like.

Now I just need Dave to build up a "Cooter" bike (because he is the local mechanic). And then find someone in law enforcement who has a Basset Hound and build up a Roscoe or Enos bike. The only thing that remains is the dixie horn and maybe a CB. "Lost sheep to Bo Peep".

Here are some photos:



2 comments:

redstone said...

Who's going to do the honors with a "Daisy" model?

Schuman said...

Hmmm, I think auditions are in order. We also need a Boss Hogg and Uncles Jesse.