Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Action

Holy signage, looks like Redstone has legitimized even further. Congrats, Dave, on the new space. And that spider is seriously blinged out. Pretty cool to see a good guy getting it done right.

Things here in the East are action packed, my long lost fellow jacksons. I raced the 12 hours of Lodi farm on Sunday and squeezed my way into the solo top 5 by the time the race ended at noon. Tough race, started at midnight, and much tougher guys than me got squelched by the rooty course.

Been training, racing, training, racing. The Virginia Off Road Series is fully underway, with a long way to go. You can check it out at http://ors.cycleva.com/. Yep, that's my brother running the show at the top of men's expert, for the time being at least. I've said it before, and I continue to affirm that I liked him a lot better when he was old and slow.


Thematically, the word for the season is mud. Just a part of riding in the springtime here in the East. Spring is winding down though, the trees are fully leaved, and it's starting to feel like summer.

Anyone up for a ride next Tuesday, May 13th? I'll be in town on my way to Vegas. If there's talk of a rally, I'll procure a bike and a ride to Lyons and see you guys at the new shop sometime (what time?) in the PM.
- Action in the East Jackson


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry i'll miss you Dave... i'll be managing channel sales in Phoenix that day. you around on the eve of 12th?
Giddyup,
Dan

redstone said...

Action jackson, jackson. Will there be a Tuesday Ride on 5/13? Does Cheech have squinty eyes? Does Michael Ball embody the true spirit of road cycling? Is it muddy this time of year in VA? Come on out, Dave, we'd love to have you. Looking like next week will also be our first Tuesday nighter of '08 in the forest, too. You could be in for adventure!

Melis said...

good to hear from you man, glad things are rollin right.

gwadzilla said...

lodi rocked!

the weather was perfect

the competition was high!