Sunday, March 16, 2008

I would have loved to get out for more than a couple of hours today but it wasn't to happen. I had stayed tuned to the weather reports, which all consistently said that moisture would come today late afternoon. Just my luck, as late afternoons on Sunday are about the only weekend time I get to ride. I was rolling by 3:30pm, complete with the big backpack with extra clothes (which I anticipated fully to wear). What I did not anticipate, though, was how early this storm would roll in. It was precipitating pretty good by the time I got into the back meadows of Hall Ranch.
I originally wanted to ride Hall Ranch, then spin down the road to Rabbit Mountain. I had 3+ hours to ride so I wanted to make the most of it. I steered towards Hall first to make sure that I got some quality singletrack in right off the bat. It's a good thing I did, too, as it was snowing big, fat, wet, floofy snowflakes on top of the loop.


By the time I got back to town, it was a rainy and wet mess. The snow hadn't made it down to town yet, but it was only a matter of time. Fortunately, I had some coffee left in my thermos to warm me up with. Lucky me again. Sure beats sitting on the couch, though.

Now, I type this and we have big snow accumulating outside. We probably already have a couple of inches. With wet weather and everything else that's going on, I'm going to bag on the Tuesday ride. I'll be doing some work in the new space. Feel free to come on by.

No comments: