Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tuesday Night Ride, May 2

We're mixing it up a little this Tuesday. We'll meet up in cars in Boulder at 5:30pm. Convene 5:30 at Settler's Park (the lot just off Canyon on the right side of the road just as you enter Boulder Canyon. Last turnoff into Boulder). From there, we'll drive up the road to our National Forest destination of the Switzerland Trail area. Think of easy grade non technical jeep roads, twisty singletrack, and a few steep rocky descents in both jeep road troughs and technical singletrack. Good stuff. See you there.

11 comments:

Steve said...

Do you know where you are going to park up around Switzerland Trail for the Tuesday ride - Sugarloaf TH, Sunset, on the Gold Hill road, or somewhere else? I may ride up there to meet you, if I have the time (and energy).

debaser said...

I think the plan is to start near Sunset. If this is still the plan, we'll need to carpool, as there's not much room to park there.

Steve said...

Sounds good. I may not have time to ride up there, so I will probably meet you at Settlers Park and carpool. You are right - there is basically no parking area at Sunset. Sugarloaf TH has a large parking area, but that is out of the way if you are heading north on Switzerland Trail. Quick ride down to Sunset, not-so-quick ride back up, but still not bad.

redstone said...

We can meet up at Sugarloaf, too. Doesn't matter to me. What do you think there Debaser?

debaser said...

Depends on the headcount and resulting carcount.

I can have my Jeep set up for 4 people and 4 bikes. If we've got more than 3 cars, Sugarloaf is a better bet.

Steve said...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the ride location or meeting place at all, and I don't want to confuse the issue with last minute changes. I am perfectly happy meeting at Settler's Park and seeing how many people show up.

redstone said...

Don't forget the post ride burritos and beer.

debaser said...

Steve - as long you don't hijack burritos and beer....

chris L said...

I can carry 4 or 5 bikes. I can also carry 4 or 5 beers.

debaser said...

4 or 5 beers per person? If so, it's gonna be a weaving sort of ride.

debaser said...

That was fun. I'm down with Jamestown for next week.