Sunday, April 30, 2006

on the road again

I got out a little on the roadie this morning. Freetime was limited to just under a couple hours so I had to squeeze in a quality ride in on short time. I took off from town about 8:15 in the morning. It was a nice little cruise towards the 36 turnoff. The back breeze, the day still cloudy with the sun starting to poke through, and the early morning temps made it a chilly outing until I headed south and started to climb on Foothills Highway.

I have to warm up a little before I figure out the ride. I didn't have any route planned. That's the way I like to road ride. Just go and take turns as you feel the urge. I rolled on past Hygiene and St Vrain roads. Both fun roads, but I didn't quite feel like pedaling thru the flats. That means Nelson was out, too.



Left Hand was now up on the right so I decided to head west and go uphill for a short bit. Man. The cars at parked alongside the road just kill me. Tons of folks driving up to the mouth of LHC so they can get their road bikes out and head up the hill. If I get in a car to go ride, it's with a bike with nobbies. That's the beauty of road riding, right? To leave from home?

Anyway, I road up to the Ward/Jamestown split and turned around. I took a little breather on the side of the road by the creek. Not because I needed the breather, more because Spring is here and I love sitting by the creek watching the water rush by.




The return trip was pretty fast. TONS of bikes climbing up the road as I was coming down. All ages and all types of bikes were represented. It was great to see folks just getting out on 2 wheels. Coming out at the bottom of the canyon was great. The sun was blazing on the hillsides, making the foothills even more pronounced.



It felt good to just cruise at a mellow tempo and spin. Hope y'alls rides this weekend were equally as satisfying.

1 comment:

xjoex said...

Only sissies ride road bikes.

Fat tire forever
-Joe

(i'm joking)