Saturday, April 22, 2006

mary had a little lamb

Mary left to tend to her flock. In this case, a Black Sheep.



On-One Mary Bar. She's got some curves.


I got the opportunity to send Karma on it's way. Hopefully, it will come back around in a similar manner. A guy walks in - "do you have any Marta 160 rotors? I was just 15 minutes into my ride when I bent one." Well, no, I didn't have any spares but I could see it was paining this guy to not ride. Understanding his predicament, I asked him about it. Well, it turns out that he had driven down from Cheyenne to ride here. He wrecked pretty good not long into the ride and bent his front rotor way out of whack. It was beyond help - one of the rotor arms was almost broken it was so tweaked. I could see that it was paining him to not ride. Being a fellow addict, though, I understood. I pulled the 6.6 into the shop, dropped the wheel out, and pulled off a Marta SL rotor for him so he could get his ride in. I haven't seen a guy that happy in a while. It was good to help out another 2 wheeled brother in a situation that most of us have been in one way or another. He came back a bit later with an ear to ear grin. I hope he passes the Karma on, too. Karma is good but Bike Karma is even better.

1 comment:

debaser said...

not bad, for a girl.