Wednesday, November 02, 2005

dark

Tonights ride was a blast. It was just Libertine and myself so we headed west into the hills. Not too many more evenings will we be able to enjoy it quite like it is now. The start of the ride was crisp, to say the least. Had to have been around 40 or so. It seems that many of our night rides start either by water or in a gulch or both, so it's always damn cold at the start.

Like most rides in Colorado, though, we started with a climb so we warmed up quickly. The dirt was absolutely perfect tonight and climbing traction was plentiful. We climbed on jeep road and singletrack until I asked the fateful question, "Want to check out this very overgrown ancient road I found?" Well, as luck would have it, the thing was so overgrown that we (err... I) lost our way. Granted, this is not something that I would've done with just anyone. I felt comfortable doing this with Libertine, though, as he had joined me this summer on the infamous 10 hour death march in the Williams Fork mountains. Anway, let's just say that this is one of the few times I have ever used the GPS to navigate myself out of a situation...

Anyway, once we joined back with the main route, it was all downhill back to the vehicle. Did I mention the perfect dirt? I still can't get over how good the descent was. It was a great night for a night ride.

No comments: