Sunday, November 13, 2005

Not much happening lately ridewise. I was able to sneak out on the road bike last Friday over the lunch hour. Man, I forget how fun and how fast road bikes are. This was my first skinny tired excursion in over a month. It felt good to pedal and not worry about steep or technical terrain, just spin and go. The ride, unfortunately as always, was too short. I need to get out on the road bike more, but the dirt calls me.

It called today. Rang me up and got me out of bet at 6:45. Redstone? Yes, this is Redstone. Oh, hello Redstone, this is the dirt calling, and you have an appointment before breakfast today. Will you be able to make it? Certainly, I'll be right out. And so it was. A quick local tour early in the morning is good for the soul. It also makes the coffee more enjoyable after the ride! I needed some coffee in a thermos on my watter bottle today. The thermometer read 25 degrees when I headed out! Man, oh, man it was cold. It warmed up though and was up to almost forty when I returned home a couple of hours later. November riding, eh? We're still cheating Ma Nature, though, in that we are still stealing rides in over 7000'.

It's coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it may be here....

Rode Ned on Friday to perfect dry trails. Rode Ned yesterday and tracked freshies through about 4" in some places.

I'll miss the winter hiatus at Ned, love it up there.