Friday, September 30, 2005

Redstone's first ever BFR (Big Fall Ride)

First off, thanks for everyone that came out to our first ever Big Fall Ride (BFR).

We had no control over the weather and everyday this week had been just dandy. Imagine our dismay when we woke on Sunday to heavy fog and patches of rain. As I drove off for my breakfast burrito and coffee before meeting everyone at the shop, I was a bit leary. I really wondered what twisted souls would drift up to Lyons for a big ride in potentially disastrous conditions. My spirits lifted as the cars started rolling in! "Rain? We've got the right gear - let's ride!" It was music to my ears.

Even better was the music to my eyes. As we drove up the canyon to Peaceful Valley, we rose above the inversion. It was an abolutely fantastic day up in the mountains. We started the ride at 8500' and conditions were awesome.


We rode from the trailhead in Peaceful Valley south on Sourdough.



Sourdough has some really great terrain. Lot's of variety, too. We rode from fast sandy sections...



to dense woods...



to high alpine meadows...

2 comments:

Melis said...

Hey man good to hear the ride was fun, it certainly looks like i missed out. I will have to make sure i make it next year. See you soon!

redstone said...

We missed you on the ride. It was a fun ride, too. Theres lots of good riding yet to come, too. Unfortunately, though, I doubt I'll get back up to Peaceful Valley again before the snow falls.