Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Night Ridin'

Well, it looks like the days are short enough now that night riding season is officially upon us. Tuesday 9/27 seems that it will probably be our last 6:00pm ride of the 2005 season. The days are getting short and we've been using the Braille method of riding coming down Hall Ranch. We'll give 'er one more go - after that, it's time to go nocturnal.

Any feedback out there for night riding? How's 6:30 or 7pm on Tuesdays sound? Since we're criminals if we ride county open space when it's dark, we usually drive into the forest as weather permits. Once the high country gets high and cold, we're driven down lower to evening cruises around Boulder Res. Whatever the ride is, it's dark and we have fun.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to it. I'm about done with my Phys. Therapy and really craving some singletrack. Two lights this season and I'm ready to go....

redstone said...

Glad to hear your 'bout all healed up Joel! I'm looking forward to night riding, too.

Redstone recently signed on as a Niterider dealer, too, so I'm excited to be riding one of the new HID lamps. My lights are about 6 years old now. Ancient in the world of light technology (but I am an admitted gear whore).

Thinking we'll do Tuesdays at 7 or 730. Probably to start on Oct 11 but I'll put up something official when it's time.