Tuesday, May 10, 2005

What a difference a week can make here in the Spring. Just last week, we were thawing out from a late Spring snowstorm that rendered trails useless for about a week. My only dirt escape was to a very nice dirt road loop just outside of town. I took the cross bike out for some fun.


here's to you, view

It had been nudging me for a while now, "take me out, it's been too long." Last time I had the cross bike out was probably in January when I did the dirt road loop from True Grit to Nelson and back. Hmm, that's only... whoa - 4 months! Yikes! The cross bike was the perfect fit for the day. The dirt roads had been soft from the snow, but warming conditions left them damp and hardening. I couldn't have asked for anything nicer for my 35c knobbies. Traction was great.


from the top

I hit the descent (900' on a rough, country road)on the limits of what those 35c things could hold. The day was chilly and damp, but a great Spring day.

Forward a week to another great Spring day. Only this time, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was only 7:30am but temps were already in the 50s. Trail conditions are quickly on their way back to prime. I couldn't be happier. I ventured forth into the forest for a quick little trail ride. It was a good call. A short ride, but some prime singletrack indeed.


from the top

I couldn't believe that it was snowing hard just one week ago. Springtime. Love it.

No comments: