Thursday, May 05, 2005

Lots of things going on right now as Lyons Fat Tire Five approaches. To me, the fest seems to symbolize the 'start' of the Front Range backcountry season. I usually keep it relatively close until the end of May. Spring, with summer quickly on its heels, brings fantastic conditions to the area west of Lyons. Springtime out here is one of the best times to be outdoors.

I can't believe we'll all be grouping up again in Lyons for some superb front range riding. I think I'm looking forward to it as much or more than a lot of folks. The storefront will be closed for the weekend and I'll finally be able to get out on some big rides, some epics. I can't wait to ride some old favorites, new stuff, too..

Don't take these hills for granted folks. When the space craft dropped us off here in Lyons, I was riding 6-7 days a week, I was exploring and otherwise spending a ton of time on my bike in the backcountry. Now, if I ride 3 days at Hall Ranch, it's been a great week of riding. Family, work, and other obligations can really change a persons riding habits! It's been a great ride so far, though, and I'm still excited about that next turn in the trail.

Fat Tire Five is coming up at the end of this month. The event is 5 years old this year. That's definitely cause for celebration so we'll surely do it up in style. Did I mention the free beer? We have a sponsor this year! Heck, by next year, we may even have 2. The season is kicking into gear and I'm excited to ride. Did I miss anything?

Want pics?

yes, it will be steep

yes, it will rain

ahh yes

No comments: