Sunday, April 27, 2008

Here's a better photo of Brian's bike. He was pretty pumped about this sweet new Intense Spider 29. I received an email from him after the virgin ride. Looks like we've got another happy Intense member of the family. :)
I got out for a little ride today, too. Strangely enough, I couldn't decide on whether to ride the roadie or the mountain bike so I decided to mix it up. I spun down the road to get to the trail on my own Spider 29. What is it with unfriendly road cyclists? I say hi to everyone I see. Man, for all of the non friendly responses you get on your road bike, just imagine how many you get when you're pushing a big gear on a fat tired full squish 29er down the highway. Oh what fun. I feel at home the instant I'm back off of the pavement.

And back in the forest. I love the desert and I love Hall Ranch, but at the end of the day, rides in the forest are absolutly my favorite. Ah, trees...
X Marks the spot.
Good views abounded.
As did more buttery smooth singletrack. Don't worry, there were definitely rocks, but some almost unheard of buttery singletrack was thrown into the mix as well. I don't see this type of riding very often, it was good stuff!
Got about 3.5 hours on the bike today and felt pretty whooped. I love the Spring, and I love that I'm lucky enough to do this caliber of ride from home.

Speaking of riding from home, the Tuesday ride this week is once again at the bike shop at 6. We will ride Hall Ranch from the shop.

1 comment: